Saturday, August 21, 2010

Why does race matter to so many people in relationships?

ok im wondering y race matters to so many ppl in relationships. one of my friends is white and has gone out with at least 12 african american guys in our school and nobody has said anything to her or the guys. Im an african american girl and im seeing a white guy and everybody is saying things like ';Why are you seeing that white guy? Why aren't you dating someone black?'; and im wondering why nobody says anything to the african american guy with the caucasian girl but everybody has something to say to the african american girl with the caucasian guy. what are your personal opinions on the subject?Why does race matter to so many people in relationships?
People are closed-minded; and they may not have said anything but I got some serious dirty looks when I've dated men of other races. While dating black men, the dirtiest looks I got were from black women -- they always claim that there aren't enough good black men to go around.





My opinion is that love is hard enough to find, and even more difficult if you limit yourself only to people who share physical/ethnic traits with yourself. We are all members of the human race and the difference on the genetic level is miniscule. Anyway; true, lasting love doesn't see the physical, because looks change - whether from age, gravity, accident or illness.Why does race matter to so many people in relationships?
Sounds like the people you hang around subscribe to Double Standards magazine! If you are content with the person you're seeing, what concern is it to anyone else? But if you feel you must address it, then say this: My heart responds to care and kindness. It is full of compassion for all people who share the same values that I share. That we are all humans, so that means we are one race. If I choose to date a human whose skin is lighter than mine, am I not still the same as a person who chooses to date a human whose skin is darker? Shouldn't you applaud my courage? My wisdom?





In my opinion, you should continue dating humans at any rate! LOL!
Well, I think ppl are now comfortable w/black guys dating other races....and just arent use to seeing women of color dating other races. Continue to date whomever you like and educate those around you who are not comfortable with it. Again, time will be on your side:-)
People need to mind their own business... and yes, the people who talk about you and not the guys have a double standard..
Race only matters when it's you that's dating outside of your race. People are really closed minded and very afraid of the unknown. We as the whole human race have hang ups on the myths that have been ingrained in our minds. I had the same issue when I started dating Mexicans. My mom started to always ask me '; when will you start dating someone black?'; My response to her was '; does it makes a difference? We all bleed red blood when we're cut, don't we?'; You do what's make you happy! Not anyone else! Besides I love the looks that I get when they see me with my Mexican boyfriend. They just wish they were in our shoes! ; - )
they are mentally ill
My personal views...





I wouldn't start a relationship with someone not white (which I am). I usually find myself attracted to only white girls. Yes, I think Asian women are really good looking too but there are usually heavy cultural differences between our groups. Also I don't think having mixed kids is so nice because the kids wouldn't be able to be part of either culture fully. They would always be inbetween, never part of their.





And that would upset me, if I was mixed - not being able to be either group.





But in regards to friends, I think you should be friends with whomever you like.
  • carmex lip balm
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment