Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Do long distance relationships actually work?

I'm with a guy who lives an hour away, and i know its not a veryyy long distance relationship but its hard to see him often because he works a lot and i'm at college during the week. And its only going to get harder because he starts uni soon. I only see him about once or twice a week and i was just wondering if relationships like this really work or if it just gets too difficult....and also, how do you make it easier...? Any advice or personal experiences will be muchhh appreciated (: ThanksDo long distance relationships actually work?
Hi





in my Opinion they do work. I am in a LDR at the moment i live in the UK and my boyfriend Lives in the Netherlands but i have seen others further than that. My point is we have been together 2 years and all is well we had a rocky start with not enough communication but we soon learned to talk to eachother more and compramise. Currently we speak most nights unl3ess on the odd occasion we go out (which isn't much as we like home comforts). We meet up in Real life 4 - 5 times a year for a week at a time. We are going great and maybe in a year or so i will move to him in the Netherlands.





But most of all i will say if both partners are willing to make it work through that happy, easy and hard times then it will work. If they dont it will fall apart fast. But trust and communication are key in a long distance relationships.





:PDo long distance relationships actually work?
I think they work, its all about trust and exactly how much you love that person. If you have to, write him, send sweet text msg's , webcam, write things in his FB (facebook) wall or Myspace.... etc, just keep the communication open. Make plans to take turns visiting each other. A man loves a faithful %26amp; Loyal girl. From experience, I know its TORTURE because I'm going through it now only difference is my BF is N another state. But we talk for hours every single day for HOUUUUUUUUUUURS. Trust is the key











Good Luck
They sure do....when I was dating my husband I had to move clear accross the State. We spoke every day during the week and every other weekend I'd fly back home to see him. Whenever I couldn't get on a flight, he'd drive down to see me and so forth. After 6 months doing that he proposed, been married for 3 years. :) Just try and make the most out of the time you do have together. You'll be fine, plus school should keep you both busy enough where you won't be hurting that much from missing him. Best of luck to ya :)
in my personal opinion i think long distant relationships can work if both partners are ready to make it work.like making commitments to call each other all the time and creating time for each other ...like meet each other half way like on a weekly basis or even a month.





wish you all the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment