Friday, November 25, 2011

Why do Black women in interracial relationships always try to justify why they are with white men?

I'm black and I don't (and will not) try to justify my strong attraction to white men (and not just any white man, they have to have a certain look about them). I've been attracted to guys of other races besides caucasian, including my own, but those have been few and far in between.Why do Black women in interracial relationships always try to justify why they are with white men?
Not all black women in interracial relationships do this. However, there is often a double-standard for blacks in interracial relationships (it's accepted for black men to date outside the race but black women are expected to be ';loyal'; to black men). Some black women may feel that they have to prove to people that they haven't ';sold out'; or they're just as black regardless of who they're dating.





I am a black woman who is currently in a relationship with a white man, but to be honest, I don't feel the need to justify it to anyone because being with my boyfriend is my own personal choice. But I can see why some black women do think that they have to justify their preferences or choices.





And, btw, black men do the same thing.Why do Black women in interracial relationships always try to justify why they are with white men?
I do not think they should have to justify it if Black men do not have to justify relationships with White women. IR relationships do bring a new paradigm. Not everyone is cut out for them and not everyone will agree with them. At the same time you should not have to justify your choice as long as it is YOUR CHOICE.





There are socially aware White men that respect Black culture and do all they can to learn more about where his lady is coming from. Many of whom are even quite aware of Black history and would easily be able to teach a mixed child why he or she should be proud of who they are.





But I have to ask the question why do so many women and men in IR relationships thinks the only combo out their is White plus some minority? That is a kind of whitewashed thinking. I can believe one or two just prefer White over another color. But when so many do it I think there can be no other explanation besides trying to conform to societal norms that say for a minority to date IR their mate must be White.





These statements are equal in their impact. As a White man I think only the White race is beautiful. As a Black, Asian, or etc woman I think only White men look good. See where I am going, date IR but do not close out others buying into the Aryan ideas that should have died in 1960's. Be the woman of color that found the man she loved who just happened to be White instead of the one that said he must be White.





Short of that I have no problems with any woman falling in love and marrying a White man or any other race of man.
i DONT KNO WHAT YUR


TALKiN ABOUT., iM THE


PRODUCT OF A iNTER-


RACiAL RELATiONSHiP..





MY MOMMY NEVER NEEDS


TO JUSTiFYWHY SHE WAS


WiTH MY POPS.
never experienced a black woman trying to justify being with me , but then again ive nEver been with one ,
what are u tryn to say im black!!!
there is no justification for advancing the impurity of the aryan race.

No comments:

Post a Comment