Friday, November 25, 2011

What is your opion on overseas online relationships?

I meet this girl by accident online and we hit it off. We communicate every day for 4 months now and it is getting very serious. I have never been in a relationship like this and would like some input or experiences from others on this.What is your opion on overseas online relationships?
I was with someone for almost 3 years that I met online and was across the pond from me. It was a good relationship, and we visited each other every 6 months to a year. However, the relationship went sour when we ran out of things to talk about. We weren't playing the same online game anymore, so we had no more mutual friends or game strategy to talk about, and we just weren't communicating effectively after that.





Had we not had money problems at around the same time that prevented us from visiting each other, it may have worked out differently.





So, from my experience:


1. Visit regularly, plan a schedule if you have to


2. If it's ';really'; serious, don't do things differently than you would if you were not overseas (My ex proposed online, but when I next visited and we got my ring, I was hurt that he didn't get on one knee, even though we'd been engaged for months)


3. Figure out each person's long distance calling rates. I used to call my bf and let it ring once to let him know I was on my lunch break from work, then he'd call me back because it was like 3x more expensive for me to call him than for him to call me.


4. Don't monopolize or be monopolized by your partner. I was depressed for a while because he was 8 hours ahead of me, so he'd go hang out with his friends at the pub for several hours until I got off work, then he'd be online with me till I went to bed. I was deeply jealous that he was with his friends for hours a day and I never had any time because I was rushing home to see him online. Be conscious of time zones and their effects on each of you.





Good luck!What is your opion on overseas online relationships?
all i can say its dont believe in online relationship cause it will never work.i know why im telling u this.i think online relationship are not for trust but if u just wanna spend ur time its ok.i say u should try with some one real,u'll feel more lucky
Most ppl will tell you to forget about it %26amp; not have a relationship online... but my advise to u is.. just do what you feel right %26amp; just be honest with one another.. i have a good buddy overseas online for 3years %26amp; still goin strong even thou we have not meet.. Just think positively...:-)





Good Luck..
from what I hear online relationships are always trouble. So maybe you should try to get out of it.
i met my love on line, i was not looking for love but also was not in a relationship i was on line for research and games and i inentered a chat room on Islam and i met him i was only in that room four times and for some reason the saying is true you know your soul mate when you met them and we have been talking now two years next month,we got to know each other then we saw pics and now we have cam and mic and we will InshaAllah be getting amrried soon also he is from Egypt and i'am from the USA so it is good i think cause we get to know each others heart and who we are with out any others so go for it,and good luck and hope for the best for you,give it more time and she could become your best friend and more just becareful alot of people have good intention and a little not so becarful but also don't stop your heart good luck.
How wonderful for you! I know a couple who got married last year that started off online dating from different sides of the US. The had been dating for a year went to meet each other at the Grand Canyon and are now happily married! Good Luck to you!!!
It could be interesting, real love goes beyond barriers.





There is always a risk involved /even in personal relationships/, make sure she is honest and if you lasted 4months with her is because your instinct tells you something relevant about this situation, maybe she is worth the time who knows.
You take a lot of risk when you invest yourself in any relationship. Having an online relationship is no different, and could even be a bit better if both parties are honest about themselves as it gives each of you time to get to know each other before you even approach the idea of meeting.





There is no insurance in matters of the heart. You just have to be willing to be hurt - not that you will be - and take that leap.
Well, I did have a relationship over the net with someone in England for a little while. I don't think it will work unless u both agree that one day you guys will be together. John and I hit it off really good but now we are just really good MSN buddies. I say go for it :-) it's 2006 the internet is another way of meeting really cool ppl :-)
most of the time it doesn't work because it's based on a lie.
well it happen to my bestfriend an he thought it was goin good but reall yit useless your better off finding someone when u get home or something causeu cant count on it
Sometimes we meet people that we end up spending our lives with in the oddest ways when we're least expecting it.





I don't always think it's the safest way to meet anyone, but it's really no less safe than meeting a stranger at a bar like many of us used to when we were younger. lol





I personally met my husband of 4 years now in a chat room here on yahoo.





We started chatting, we chatted almost everyday for many months before our first real life meeting. I made sure the meeting was in a public place and we did this for another few months and then when we felt like we knew each other better we met each other's families. He finally moved in with me and a year later we got married. We have 2 beautiful little girls now too





I'm so glad I made the decision to meet him because like I said I wasn't looking for anyone at that time. He was just a really nice guy that I enjoyed chatting with online. Once I got to know him offline it all changed and I realized I was in love with him.





So even if it wouldn't be more for you than to be good friends it's always worth giving it a shot as long as you feel safe and start off in a safe environtment for offline meetings until you are sure they are what and who they say they are.





Wishing you the best in whatever choice you make.

No comments:

Post a Comment