Friday, July 30, 2010

What are the difficulties of long distance relationships?

Do they ever work? I need to finish school and about a year away from finishing just a few credits because I have to work while I do that. I began when I returned to my childhood home to care for a sick parent who has since passed. 1200 miles away in the place that my heart calls home, a place I will return, I have met one that I care greatly for. I have known him for a while, but I know him differently now and I understand more than most how precious time is. Like Dorothy and that hour glass....time just keeps disappearing. Is a year too long? I am old enough to have children who have children.What are the difficulties of long distance relationships?
sure they work!





My wife and I had a long distance relationship for 2 years (halfway around the world). Now we've been married for nearly 15 years.





It really helps to have a clear end date so you know when you can finally be together. Both parties must be trusting, communicative and committed to the relationship. It isn't easy but if you truly know that this is the right person for you then it is worth it.





Good Luck,What are the difficulties of long distance relationships?
smile... and months later, with lots of communication.... it still works.

Report Abuse



I can't tell you they don't work. There are people out there who manage them but every relationship is different and a lot of long distance ones fail. I've dated two girls who didn't live in the same city as me. Each I saw a minimum of twice a month. The first I cheated on, the second cheated on me. The problem I've run into is that 80% of the time you're not participating in your own relationship and even when you are often your partner is not if your schedules don't work out well. Communication fails, and I know everyone who gets into a long distance relationship has ';Excellent communication'; with their mate and they talk every night on the phone but when you don't have to look your mate in the face but twice a month a lot of things that you don't want to talk about don't get talked about, problems go undiscussed and therefore unresolved. It's expensive to make work. Phone bill is huge, buying gas is huge and every time one of you goes to visit the other you're on vacation, you're eating out more, you're doing things out on the town and you're buying things if you forgot to bring them with you. If you can't make it a year appart from one another but it's very much a struggle to make it.
Long distance relationships can be hard because the distance itself is a killer. Seriously if you really care for that person and are willing to make it work regardless of how long the time apart may be you can make it work. This is nothing easy but communication is number one. Keep that alive while away and things should be ok. Oh and stay busy.
My husband worked in an office across the country when I met him (he came home - to where I was at Thanksgiving and we went out at Christmas). We called and emailed for almost a year, till his position changed to the home office. We'll have been married ten years this year. So wait, and be with the one you really love, if that's what your heart is telling you. No use marrying some guy who will end up not being the love you deserve.
i went to that experience to. and it ends in breaked relationship. but here i am have a new bf! you just need to trust each other
well in my opinion is that they dont work for a few reasons such as not knowing if they could being out there cheating or them or ur self lose intrest becuse you forget the way it was when they were there
For love, relationship and dating visit :http://netnew.tripod.com/id13.html
Hi there. I think we are in the same situation. I've fallen in love with a guy who lives very far away from me. I'm still studying, and I have 2 more years in University. I can't leave my study aside, but I can't stop thinking of him either. What can I do? I'm trying to keep in touch with him day by day by mailing or doing something like that to let him think of me, or else '; out of side, out of mind';. It's really dangerous, and it happens all the time.. Believe me. Yes, that's true. Time is precious, so use it effectively. Send him messages or emails everyday until the day you can see him again to let him think of you and to let him know how much you love and care about him in spite of the long distance. Good luck to you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment